- 7 video lessons (52 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (1 min)
- 2. Transit Service Design Overview (3 mins)
- 3. Understanding Resource Allocation (7 mins)
- 4. Service Design Principles: Trip Generators and Routing (5 mins)
- 5. Service Design Principles: Legibility and Usefulness (7 mins)
- 6. Designing a New Transit Route (16 mins)
- 7. Tradeoff/Conclusion (9 mins)
Service and operations planning for transit is not typically taught in planning school, so it tends to be somewhat of a black box for trained planners and members of the public alike. While transit planners all over the world have developed sophisticated methods of planning and evaluating transit, the principles of service design remain relatively simple.
In this course, we will review the principles of transit service design and how to allocate and account resources. We will also use the Remix software platform to design and evaluate a new transit route.
Learn these skills
- Data Visualization
- Land Use
- Modeling & Simulation
- Pedestrian Planning