Teach for Planetizen
- Planetizen Courses subscribers are committed to improving their careers and their community. Here is your chance to help them achieve lofty ambitions.
- Instructors will work with the Planetizen Courses team to produce one-hour online training courses in the skills and concepts necessary to thrive in planning and related fields.
- Architecture and Urban Design
- Urban Development
- Residential Development
- Commercial Development
- Affordable Housing
- Housing and Homelessness
- Zoning Codes
- Planning 101
- Public Transit
- Transportation Planning
- Covid-19 and the Future Cities
- Infill Development
- Project Financing
- Urban Design Software
- Environmental Planning
- The Future of Mobility
- Minimum 3 years of planning, or related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with the topic(s) you propose to teach.
- Prepared curriculum. (Ideally, you are already teaching or presenting on the topic.)
- If teaching about a software product, the instructor should have a functional, licensed copy of the software for demonstration.
- Excellent computer and Internet literacy.
- Comfort delivering a presentation in front of a camera in a studio.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Participate in an initial orientation call or Zoom meeting.
- Participate in two course planning meetings with a Planetizen Courses producer.
- Prepared course outlines for each course in consultation with the Planetizen Courses producer.
- Work with a Planetizen Courses producer to determine appropriate images, video, and other materials.
- Prepare a slide deck for each course.
- Meet preproduction deadlines for deliverables.
- Record video courses at Planetizen's video studio in Los Angeles, California.
- Prepare a multiple choice quiz for each course.
- Compensation is paid per course, based on teaching experience.
- Instructors receive visibility on the Planetizen Courses website.
- Instructors can work from any location to plan the courses, but must visit the Planetizen Courses studio in Los Angeles, CA to record the course.
- Planetizen Courses provides a travel stipend for instructors outside of Southern California.
Please submit the following to Olga Serhijchuk, Planetizen Courses Product Manager, via email [email protected].
- A short cover letter explaining your interest and experience in the proposed course topics.
- A one-paragraph summary for each course you propose to teach.
- A 1-minute audio and video recording of yourself discussing any topic. (This could be recorded using a smart phone or any inexpensive camera. We're not looking for video quality, just your presentation style.)
Thanks for your potential interest in becoming a Planetizen Instructor.