- 8 video lessons (57 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (1 min)
- 2. ADUs: Past and Present (9 mins)
- 3. ADU Policy Responses (9 mins)
- 4. ADU Typologies (4 mins)
- 5. Designing, Permitting, and Building an ADU (12 mins)
- 6. ADU Affordability and Incentive Programs (8 mins)
- 7. ADU Affordability and Incentive Programs, Part II (8 mins)
- 8. Conclusion (3 mins)
What You Will Learn
- Understand current market challenges and opportunities in the ADU market.
- Understand the various typologies o ADUs.
- Understand efforts from U.S. cities to encourage/discourage ADUs.
- Understand the key steps in delivering an ADU-design, permit, and build.
- Understand costs/timelines to deliver an ADU.
- Review best practices in ADU affordability programs.
Learn these skills
- Economic Development
- Land Use
- Plan Making
- Public Health
- Real Estate
- Resilience Planning
- Site Planning
- Zoning Codes
This course is approved for 1 AICP CM credit.