- 7 video lessons (53 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (1 min)
- 2. A Brief History of Pedestrian Safety and Cars (4 mins)
- 3. Demographic Factors (5 mins)
- 4. Geographic Factors (12 mins)
- 5. Vehicle Trends and Pedestrian Deaths (3 mins)
- 6. Strategies and Solutions (11 mins)
- 7. Looking Ahead (14 mins)
What You Will Learn
- Learn the history of how pedestrians have become marginalized.
- Understand demographic risk factors.
- Understand geographic risk factors.
- Understand the trends that have led to rising pedestrian deaths.
- Understand institutional barriers and why they need to change.
- Learn how changes can be made to lower the risk for pedestrians.
- How vehicle trends contribute to risking pedestrian deaths.
Learn these skills
- Civic Engagement
- Land Use
- Law and Policy
- Pedestrian Planning
- Public Health
- Urban Design
This course is approved for 1 AICP CM credit.