- 7 video lessons (53 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
2.A Brief History of Pedestrian Safety and Cars4 mins
3.Demographic Factors5 mins
4.Geographic Factors12 mins
5.Vehicle Trends and Pedestrian Deaths3 mins
6.Strategies and Solutions11 mins
7.Looking Ahead14 mins
What You Will Learn
- Learn the history of how pedestrians have become marginalized.
- Understand demographic risk factors.
- Understand geographic risk factors.
- Understand the trends that have led to rising pedestrian deaths.
- Understand institutional barriers and why they need to change.
- Learn how changes can be made to lower the risk for pedestrians.
- How vehicle trends contribute to risking pedestrian deaths.
Learn these skills
- Civic Engagement
- Land Use
- Law and Policy
- Pedestrian Planning
- Public Health
- Urban Design