- 6 video lessons (61 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (1 min)
- 2. The Legal Basis for Preservation (7 mins)
- 3. The Role of The Federal Government (15 mins)
- 4. The Role of State Government (10 mins)
- 5. The Role of Local Government (13 mins)
- 6. Demolitions (14 mins)
What You Will Learn
Develop a deeper understanding of the enabling legislation behind preservation.
Understand the role of the local, state, and federal governments in preserving historic assets.
Understand the usefulness and challenges of zoning, historic districts, and design guidelines.
Begin to understand why demolitions are a threat to historic sites.
Understand the basics of the Historic Tax Credit.
Learn about the power of review boards.
Learn these skills
- Land Use
- Urban Design
This course is approved for 1 AICP CM credit.