- 6 video lessons (57 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (1 min)
- 2. What is Economic Development? (10 mins)
- 3. Why Regional Trends Matter More Than Local Trends (17 mins)
- 4. Market Studies, Part 1 (15 mins)
- 5. Market Studies, Part 2 (11 mins)
- 6. Key Takeaways (2 mins)
This course provides a general understanding of macro-level socio-economic trends, along with related business and industry trends, likely to influence economic development plans and associated land use policies over the next 20 years.
By the end of this course, you will understand how land-use policies (e.g., comprehensive and master plans) can further or hinder economic development activity, why it's more important to focus on regional and national trends rather than local trends, and how land-use policies not grounded in local and regional market reality will, eventually, undermine the fiscal and economic climate of a locality.
Learn these skills
- Economic Development
- Land Use