- 7 video lessons (44 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (2 mins)
- 2. What Is Emotional Intelligence? (3 mins)
- 3. Self Awareness (6 mins)
- 4. Self Management (10 mins)
- 5. Social Awareness (7 mins)
- 6. Relationship Management (9 mins)
- 7. Wrap-Up (3 mins)
What You Will Learn
- Be able to define emotional intelligence
- Understand the four components of emotional intelligence
- Understand some strategies to develop each of the areas of emotional intelligence
- Understand how higher emotional intelligence might be an asset professionally
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is commonly regarded as a critical competence in the workplace, often argued to be more important than either IQ or personality. Conversely, a lack of emotional intelligence can be viewed as a workplace liability. Some argue that the most emotionally intelligent individual in the room is also the smartest.
This course introduces the audience to the four components of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management. These elements combine to form the sum of emotional intelligence. More than presenting a merely conceptual understanding of emotional intelligence, this course presents practical strategies for developing emotional intelligence in each of the component areas.
At the end of this course, participants should have a) a basic understanding of the components of emotional intelligence, b) strategies for developing their emotional intelligence in each of the component areas, and c) ideas about how better emotional intelligence might be advantageous at work.
Learn these skills
- Career Development
- Communications & Media
This course is approved for 0.75 AICP CM Credit.