- 7 video lessons (54 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (1 min)
- 2. Input-Output Modeling: Overview (17 mins)
- 3. Project Inputs (3 mins)
- 4. Project Outputs (7 mins)
- 5. Modeling Considerations (7 mins)
- 6. Case Study: Student Housing (12 mins)
- 7. Case Study: Infrastructure Alternatives (4 mins)
An economic impact analysis can measure direct impacts on individual facilities, whole firms, and industrial sectors, for example, as well as indirect impacts on consumers and suppliers. Especially when there is a need to allocate resources among competing projects or assess an investment policy, an economic impact analysis can be an important tool for helping community leaders estimate how spending associated with a particular event, project, or industry flows through a regional economy. In this course, you will learn how to use input-output models (I/O model) to conduct an economic impact analyses and learn examples of how economic impact analyses apply in a wide range of planning projects.
Learn these skills
- Data Analysis
- Land Use
This course is approved for 1 SACPLAN CPD point.