- 5 video lessons (70 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
2.The Language of AI25 mins
3.Practical Understanding of AI Models and Algorithms16 mins
4.Tools Used in AI16 mins
What You Will Learn
- Understand and communicate effectively using key terms and concepts in AI in the context of urban planning.
- Have a general understanding of various software and hardware tools frequently used for AI solutions.
- Understand the fundamentals of key AI models and algorithms, and comprehend how AI can be leveraged in different aspects of urban planning.
- Analyze and interpret case studies that demonstrate the application of AI in urban planning.
Understanding the basics of AI provides urban planners with ideas for integrating improved methods into their work and enhancing their analytical outputs. AI can offer data-driven insights for informed decision-making, predict future urban growth patterns, and optimize resource allocation. This knowledge can assist in the design of more sustainable, efficient, and livable cities, better meeting the needs of residents.
Besides the technology being used for planning applications, we see AI technologies becoming embedded into cities and regions. In these particular cases, we are planning for the technology as well as with the technology. This course will help planners understand the capabilities, limitations, and language of emerging technologies that use AI methods.
Learn these skills
- Communications & Media
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
This course is approved for 1 AICP CM credit.