- 7 video lessons (54 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
1. Introduction 1 min
2. Pre-Patriarchal Private Life 6 mins
3. A Woman’s “Place” in the Home 13 mins
4. Turning the Home Inside Out 9 mins
5. Changing the Norm: Contemporary Interior Design by Women 9 mins
6. Better Private Life in Practice 11 mins
7. Conclusion 1 min
What You Will Learn
- Understand how interiors relate to gender equity.
- Learn about how a woman's "place" in private life was established over the centuries.
- Learn how women were impacted in the workforce in the post-war economy.
- Learn how women in urban planning and design are changing the conversation around what a home is.
- Learn about community land trusts and their benefits.
- Understand how recent history impacts women in urban design interiors.
Learn these skills
- Economic Development
- Land Use
- Site Analysis
- Urban Design
This course is approved for 1 AICP CM credit.