- 7 video lessons (54 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (1 min)
- 2. Pre-Patriarchal Private Life (6 mins)
- 3. A Woman’s “Place” in the Home (13 mins)
- 4. Turning the Home Inside Out (9 mins)
- 5. Changing the Norm: Contemporary Interior Design by Women (9 mins)
- 6. Better Private Life in Practice (11 mins)
- 7. Conclusion (1 min)
What You Will Learn
- Understand how interiors relate to gender equity.
- Learn about how a woman's "place" in private life was established over the centuries.
- Learn how women were impacted in the workforce in the post-war economy.
- Learn how women in urban planning and design are changing the conversation around what a home is.
- Learn about community land trusts and their benefits.
- Understand how recent history impacts women in urban design interiors.
Learn these skills
- Economic Development
- Land Use
- Site Analysis
- Urban Design
This course is approved for 1 AICP CM credit.