- 6 video lessons (59 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
2.What Would a Feminist City Look Like?17 mins
3.The Feminist City as Co-Created8 mins
4.The Feminist City as Communal12 mins
5.The Feminist City as Compassionate15 mins
What You Will Learn
- Understand gender bias in urban environments.
- Understand the role that gender has played in constructing cities and systems throughout history.
- Learn about contemporary examples of women impacting cities globally in different contexts.
- Learn about alternative feminist approaches to urban design, architecture, transportation, policy, and urban planning.
- Gain the ability to critically assess urban development from a gender-equitable lens.
- Furthering the conversation around gender equitable cities.
This course will cover what a feminist future city could look like based on case studies and the ancient examples provided in previous courses from the "Women and Cities" series. This final courses in the series considers the contemporary context but also anticipates future needs to envision a more heart-centered city that works for everyone.
Learn these skills
- Civic Engagement
- Environmental Planning
- Land Use
- Pedestrian Planning
- Public Health
- Urban Design