- 8 video lessons (55 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
2.Travel Demand: Overcoming Spatial Distance4 mins
3.Basic Facts About Urban Travel Behavior2 mins
4.Introduction to Four-Step Transportation Models19 mins
5.Critique of Four-Step Models8 mins
6.Innovations in Modeling: Disaggregated Activity Models5 mins
7.Contemporary Transportation Challenges6 mins
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basis for travel demand and the utility-maximizing assumptions in models.
- Learn about basic facts in urban travel behavior – trip purposes, travel modes, trip distance, trip origins and destinations.
- Introduce trip generation, trip distribution, mode split, and trip assignment used in zone-based transportation models.
- Critique the four-step modelling process for the types of questions addressed in contemporary transportation planning.
- Understand innovations in modeling, such as disaggregated activity and trip tour-based models.
- Be able to conceptualize how transportation models can address contemporary problems in transportation planning such as transit-oriented development.
Learn these skills
- Environmental Planning
- Land Use
- Law and Policy
- Modeling & Simulation
- Pedestrian Planning
- Urban Design