- 8 video lessons (55 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (4 mins)
- 2. Travel Demand: Overcoming Spatial Distance (4 mins)
- 3. Basic Facts About Urban Travel Behavior (2 mins)
- 4. Introduction to Four-Step Transportation Models (19 mins)
- 5. Critique of Four-Step Models (8 mins)
- 6. Innovations in Modeling: Disaggregated Activity Models (5 mins)
- 7. Contemporary Transportation Challenges (6 mins)
- 8. Wrap-Up (4 mins)
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basis for travel demand and the utility-maximizing assumptions in models.
- Learn about basic facts in urban travel behavior – trip purposes, travel modes, trip distance, trip origins and destinations.
- Introduce trip generation, trip distribution, mode split, and trip assignment used in zone-based transportation models.
- Critique the four-step modelling process for the types of questions addressed in contemporary transportation planning.
- Understand innovations in modeling, such as disaggregated activity and trip tour-based models.
- Be able to conceptualize how transportation models can address contemporary problems in transportation planning such as transit-oriented development.
Learn these skills
- Environmental Planning
- Land Use
- Law and Policy
- Modeling & Simulation
- Pedestrian Planning
- Urban Design