- 7 video lessons (64 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
1. Introduction 2 mins
2. Preparing Your Data 7 mins
3. Starting Your First Worksheet, Part 1 14 mins
4. Starting Your First Worksheet, Part 2 18 mins
5. Sharing Your First Worksheet 9 mins
6. Publishing Your First Worksheet 8 mins
7. Wrap-Up 4 mins
This course will expand on the Tableau for Planners: Introduction course. This course continues to train the planner on how to build effective worksheets for planners. This course will introduce general principles of data visualization and orient the user with the Tableau platform, with a primary focus on Tableau Public, a free version of Tableau's desktop software.
At the end of the course, users should feel comfortable with opening Tableau, connecting to a data set in Microsoft Excel, understand general principles of a relational database, and start building basic worksheets and dashboards. We will also demonstrate how to publish the work to Tableau Public and embed worksheets on websites and in social media.
Learn these skills
- Communications & Media
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization