- 12 video lessons (54 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (3 mins)
- 2. Storytelling in Three Words (6 mins)
- 3. Subject: Defining the Essence (3 mins)
- 4. Subject: Keeping the Audience up at Night (1 min)
- 5. Audience: Identity (3 mins)
- 6. Audience: Habits (5 mins)
- 7. Goal: The Aha Moment (3 mins)
- 8. Goal: Call to Action (5 mins)
- 9. Structure (3 mins)
- 10. Format Tips: Long Form (11 mins)
- 11. Format Tips: Short Form (2 mins)
- 12. Publish Now: It'll Never be Perfect (3 mins)
Planners are expected to be public engagement experts, but few of us have been trained in the mechanics of storytelling. We’re told to make eye contact, connect with the public early in a project, maintain open communication, and be transparent about the process and deliverables. And yet we struggle to get high participation by people most impacted by our work.
This course will teach planners how to adapt proven storytelling methods employed by creative artists for centuries. We will cover everything from storytelling applications to analog and digital outreach methods.
Analog: Public speaking, meeting flow, gamification, feedback loops, special events.
Digital: Copywriting, video, podcasting, social media.
The course will describe real-world examples and a behind-the-scenes look at the development and execution of engagement strategies.
Learn these skills
- Communications & Media