- 8 video lessons (64 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
1.Meet Your Instructor2 mins
2.An Introduction to Landscape Architecture5 mins
3.Origins of Landscape Architecture5 mins
4.The English Influence and Parks for the Public16 mins
5.Shaping Cities12 mins
6.Onward Into the 20th Century8 mins
7.Landscape Modernism12 mins
What You Will Learn
- Understand the evolution of landscape architecture as a profession from the mid 19th century to 1970.
- Know some of the key early figures and their ideas, philosophies, and most significant works. Identify some of the key impacts landscape architects had on shaping U.S. cities and communities.
- Understand the training and education of landscape architects and how it evolved during this time period.
- Outline and explain trends and changes in the use and design of parks and open spaces during this time.
- Understand some of the major outside drivers and factors that influenced U.S. landscape architecture (social, racial, economic, environmental).
Learn these skills
- Environmental Planning
- Land Use
- Parks & Recreation
- Plan Making
- Site Planning
- Urban Design
This course is approved for 1 AICP CM credit.