- 10 video lessons (51 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (2 mins)
- 2. Land Use Forecasting and UrbanSim (4 mins)
- 3. UrbanSim Methodology (5 mins)
- 4. UrbanSim Case Studies (3 mins)
- 5. UrbanSim Model Templates (6 mins)
- 6. UrbanSim Cloud Platform Overview (3 mins)
- 7. Running Your First Simulation (4 mins)
- 8. Uploading Data (3 mins)
- 9. Development Projects, Development Constraints, and Model Adjustments (10 mins)
- 10. Composing Scenarios and Running Simulations (5 mins)
The UrbanSim Cloud Platform provides pre-built UrbanSim models and supporting tools for crafting and evaluating a socioeconomic forecast for a small geographic area.
At the end of this course, participants will be acquainted with the UrbanSim forecasting methodology,understanding the features available in the UrbanSim Cloud Platform and the basics of an UrbanSim model at the Census block level.
We will develop familiarity with the cloud platform's user interface and explore how to use the platform to track a city's development pipeline, edit development and zoning constraints, and refine a forecast. We will use the platform to compose scenarios, launch UrbanSim simulations, and visualize model outputs using the 3D mapping interface.
Learn these skills
- 3D Modeling
- Data Visualization
- Modeling & Simulation
- Site Planning
This course is approved for 1 SACPLAN CPD point.