- 7 video lessons (38 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
2.Encounters With Preservation3 mins
3.Preservation Theories15 mins
4.The Preservation Movement in the United States6 mins
5.The Preservation Movement And Urban Renewal5 mins
6.Preservation at the Local Level4 mins
What You Will Learn
- Understand the two major preservation theories
- Begin to see how preservation theory drives action
- Understand the historic preservation movement in the United States
- Begin to understand how preservation occurs in the field
- Understand the functions of the National Register of Historic Places
This course will introduce planners to the basics of historic preservation including the beginning of the historic preservation movement, the legal precedent for preservation, and the theories that determine how preservation occurs. This course will use case studies to further illustrate the topics discussed.
Learn these skills
- Historic Preservation
- Land Use
- Urban Design
- Zoning Codes
This course is approved for .75 AICP CM credit.
This course is approved for 1 SACPLAN CPD point.