- 9 video lessons (65 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (1 min)
- 2. Minimum Parking Requirements: 'The Great Planning Disaster' (7 mins)
- 3. Parking Requirements Provide More Space for Cars Than for People (6 mins)
- 4. As Disastrous and Unfair as the Perversity of a Willful Scheme (11 mins)
- 5. Where Do Parking requirements Come From? The American Planning Association (5 mins)
- 6. Where Do Parking requirements Come From? The Institute of Transportation Engineers (11 mins)
- 7. The Hiding Hand of City Planning (4 mins)
- 8. Removing Off-Street Parking Requirements (9 mins)
- 9. Two Futures (8 mins)
What You Will Learn
- Why cities require off-street parking spaces for every land use.
- How cities decide on the number of parking spaces to require.
- How parking requirements damage cities, the economy, and the environment.
- How parking requirements discriminate against communities of color.
- Why cities are removing their parking requiements.
Learn these skills
- Law and Policy
- Urban Design