- 11 video lessons (59 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
2.History of Planning and its Impact on Black Communities11 mins
3.Crime in the City4 mins
4.Environmental Justice Communities5 mins
5.Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)6 mins
6.Community Engagement and CPTED10 mins
7.Street Lighting3 mins
8.Park and Street Programming6 mins
9.Mural Art6 mins
10.Transforming Vacant Lots and Spaces2 mins
What You Will Learn
- Learn about the history of planning and the impacts on vulnerable communities.
- Overview of CPTED goals and principles.
- Learn the impact of the planning field on environmental and public health issues in Black and Brown communities.
- Learn the health impacts of neighborhood crime and violence.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how planners can engage communities around CPTED to reduce crime and violence
- Introduce real world examples of CPTED, its benefits and strategies for implementation
Learn these skills
- Civic Engagement
- Communications & Media
- Economic Development
- Environmental Planning
- Land Use
- Law and Policy
- Parks & Recreation
- Pedestrian Planning
- Public Health
This course is approved for 1 AICP CM credit.