- 15 video lessons (67 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
2.Where Does Zoning Come From?4 mins
3.What Zoning Is4 mins
4.What Zoning Isn't2 mins
5.Planning an Affordability Crisis6 mins
6.The Wealth We Lost4 mins
7.Apartheid by Another Name4 mins
8.Sprawl by Design4 mins
9.Toward a Less Bad Zoning: Local Reform5 mins
10.Toward a Less Bad Zoning: Statewide Reform6 mins
11.Toward a Less Bad Zoning: Federal and International Possibilities4 mins
12.The Case for Abolishing Zoning5 mins
13.The Great Unzoned City5 mins
14.Planning After Zoning5 mins
What You Will Learn
- Understand what zoning is and where zoning comes from.
- Understand the relationship between zoning and issues like affordability, opportunity, segregation, and sustainability.
- Understand the many ways that zoning can be—and is being—liberalized.
- Understand the case for zoning abolition, and what a post-zoning approach to land use planning might look like.
Learn these skills
- Land Use
- Law and Policy
- Regional Planning
- Urban Design
- Zoning Codes
This course is approved for 1 AICP CM credit.