- 9 video lessons (71 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
2.Defining Style12 mins
3.Classical Styles12 mins
4.Early American Architecture4 mins
5.19th Century Styles10 mins
6.Early 20th Century Styles10 mins
7.Late 20th Century Styles7 mins
8.Building Components10 mins
What You Will Learn
- Learn how and why architectural styles in American developed over time.
- Understand common architectural styles found in America.
- How European architecture influenced American styles.
- Be able to define some significant architectural components.
- The components that make a building.
- The difference between high style and vernacular style.
The final course of the Historic Preservation track traces the history of American architectural styles and discusses how to identify styles for historic preservation projects. The course discusses the differences between high style and vernacular architecture and review examples of both. This course also reviews ancient classical styles such as Greek, Roman, and Byzantine and how these styles influenced American architecture. By the end of this course, you will have an understanding of various architectural styles and how to identify them.
Learn these skills
- Historic Preservation
- Urban Design
This course is approved for 1.25 AICP CM.
AIA CESThis is 1.25 LU.
This course is approved for 1 CNU-A credit.