- 9 video lessons (51 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (2 mins)
- 2. Future of Work (8 mins)
- 3. Public Meetings and Hearings (8 mins)
- 4. SWOT (3 mins)
- 5. Teamwork (5 mins)
- 6. Productivity (7 mins)
- 7. Software (6 mins)
- 8. Hardware (3 mins)
- 9. Wrap-Up (6 mins)
What You Will Learn
- Understand the importance of planning for long-term remote work in the field of urban planning.
- Educate and engage the public during and after spatial distance restrictions.
- Apply SWOT analysis to each team or firm's unique circumstance.
- Maintain and improve social aspects of teamwork.
- Be productive as a remote team member and remote urban planning team.
- Understand the software and hardware tools that can assist remote urban planning teams.
Employers, employees, and urban planning professionals are discovering what some of us have known for many years: remote work is fantastic. After living through spatial distancing requirements, many members of the workforce are entering a cultural renaissance. The future of work and the future of education are location independent, and we’re all better off because of it. According to a workforce study, 99% of remote workers want remote options for the rest of their career. In addition, 95% of remote workers encouraged others to try working from home.
The coronavirus pandemic accelerated the shift of work from traditional office buildings to home settings. "Working From Home for Planners" covers three topics that will have to be addressed in new ways as remote work becomes a new normal in the field of urban planning: productivity, teamwork, and public meetings. This course teaches lessons learned from the gig economy and from freelancers and focuses on such concepts as efficiency, flexibility, costs, mental health, and physical health. Course instructor and urban planner Andy Boneau shares the common opportunities and challenges your team can expect from remote work, whether you work for a small agency or a large urban planning firm, and whether you work in the public or private sector. The skills learned in this course translate to the job positions and teams that students will encounter in the future.
Join course instructor Andy Boneau in "Working From Home for Planners" and learn how to thrive in the future of work: the exciting frontier of location independence.
Learn these skills
- Career Development
This course is available for 0.75 AICP CM credits