- 8 video lessons (59 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
2.Getting Started With Supply Chain Sustainability11 mins
3.Green Procurement11 mins
4.Product Stewardship And Design For The Environment8 mins
5.A Conceptual Framework For Sustainable Supply Chains5 mins
6.Supplier Engagement9 mins
7.Industry Collaboration And Stakeholder Partnerships6 mins
8.Establishing Goals6 mins
What You Will Learn
- Learn to design more sustainable solutions that reduce environmental impact and increase benefits to society and ecosystems.
- Learn how to source for sustainable materials.
- Identify how deep in the supply chain process is a company's level of responsibility.
- Obtain a deeper experiential knowledge of sustainable supply chain through specific cases and examples.
- Learn the role of NGOs in a sustainable supply chain process.
The challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic have included supply chain disruption, occurring all over the world and impacting every sector. Because of this pandemic, we can learn a lot about the supply chain resilience necessary in light of climate change risks. Just like the impacts of Covid-19, the physical risks of climate change can be highly local and can create a lack of available supply, lower the quality of supply, increase the cost, of supply, or delay the delivery of supply, risking companies' continuity of operations.
This course examines how to integrate environmental, social, and financial practices into an organization's complete product and services lifecycle, from product design and development to raw material selection, including raw material extraction or agricultural production, manufacturing, packaging, transportation, and end of life. Students will learn everything needed to get their organizations started, or greatly improve on their current supply chain processes.
By the end of this course, the student will be in a position to contribute to their organization’s work toward a sustainable supply chain, while also understanding the engagement needed with all stakeholders throughout the supply chain process and the NGOs applying pressure at all levels of the supply chain.
Learn these skills
- Economic Development
- Environmental Planning
- Resilience Planning
This course is approved for 1 AICP CM credit.