What You Will Learn
- The characteristics of a smart city
- The drivers of smart cities
- How to identify the essential technologies in a smart city
- The impacts of Internet of Things (IoT) on cities
- The dimensions of smart government in a smart city
- Main concerns and challenges in smart city developments
- Review of smart city projects around the world
This course explores the characteristics and the challenges of smart cities, as well as the potential opportunities for smart cities within the design and planning fields. Course participants will learn about a number of common techniques and the most pressing concerns in smart city developments. In addition, this course will discuss the dimensions of smart government in a smart city. At the end of this course, course participants will be introduced to a number of projects related to smart city development across the world. By taking this course, participants will be inspired to explore, imagine, and rethink cities in a ‘smart’ way.
This course is approved for .75 AICP CM credit.