- 5 video lessons (53 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
- 1. Introduction (1 min)
- 2. Where Building Types Aren't Effective or Necessary (5 mins)
- 3. Where Building Types Are Effective (15 mins)
- 4. Articulating Physical Character with Less-Urban Building Types (19 mins)
- 5. Regulating Building Types to Articulate Physical Character (12 mins)
The question of where to use building types is probably one of the most important code-related questions that doesn’t get the attention it needs. This course discusses where building types are most effective, where they would be helpful but aren't necessary and where they aren't necessary.
We will review the primary building types, their features and distinctions, along with explanation in which contexts they’re necessary, in which they would be helpful, and in which they are not relevant.
By the end of this course, you will have a high understanding of the range of building type choices, their importance, and where and how to apply them to achieve compatible and more predictable community character objectives.
Learn these skills
- Land Use
- Law and Policy
- Urban Design
- Zoning Codes