- 7 video lessons (53 Mins)
Browse Course Chapters
1. Introduction 1 min
2. A Brief History of Pedestrian Safety and Cars 4 mins
3. Demographic Factors 5 mins
4. Geographic Factors 12 mins
5. Vehicle Trends and Pedestrian Deaths 3 mins
6. Strategies and Solutions 11 mins
7. Looking Ahead 14 mins
What You Will Learn
- Learn the history of how pedestrians have become marginalized.
- Understand demographic risk factors.
- Understand geographic risk factors.
- Understand the trends that have led to rising pedestrian deaths.
- Understand institutional barriers and why they need to change.
- Learn how changes can be made to lower the risk for pedestrians.
- How vehicle trends contribute to risking pedestrian deaths.
Learn these skills
- Civic Engagement
- Land Use
- Law and Policy
- Pedestrian Planning
- Public Health
- Urban Design